Best TOEFL Training in Ahmedabad
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is an examination administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and is used to evaluate a non-native English speaker’s proficiency in the English Language. The test is accepted by many English-speaking academic and professional institutions.
TOEFL is one of the two major English-language tests in the world, the other being the IELTS. TOEFL is a trademark of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), a private non-profit organization, which designs and administers tests. ETS issues official score reports, sent independently to institutions, for two years following the test.
The TOEFL test was first administered in 1964 by the Modern Language Association financed by grants from the Ford Foundation and Danforth Foundation. In 1965, The College Board and ETS jointly assumed responsibility for the continuation of the TOEFL testing program.
The TOEFL test is the most comprehensive and respected English-language test in the world, recognized by more than 10,000 colleges, universities, and agencies in more than 130 countries, including Australia, Canada, the U.K., and the United States. A few important characteristics of the TOEFL iBT® that you should consider before deciding are:
- Globally Accepted: More than 10,000 colleges, agencies, and other institutions in over 130 countries accept TOEFL scores.
- Exhibits your English skill to succeed: TOEFL iBT measures skills relevant to the demands international students face. Questions are 100% academic and replicate real classroom situations. For that reason, many universities consider it the most appropriate test to use when making admissions decisions.
- Equitable: TOEFL iBT is known for its quality and fairness. All students have similar test-taking experiences, and scores are checked anonymously by ETS-certified experts.
- Feedback in a Flash: You can view your scores online 15 working days after your test, and receive useful feedback on how to improve your skills.
What is TOEFL Module?
There are three types of tests: paper version (PBT – Paper-based Test), computer-based (CBT – Computer-based Test), an online version (iBT – Internet-based Test). Currently, TOEFL iBT completely displaces CBT, and it’s the most common type of examination. iBT version includes tasks in the following sections: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing. The test lasts no more than 4 hours.
What skills are tested?
The TOEFL iBT® test measures academic listening, reading, speaking, and writing English skills from intermediate to advanced levels. Test takers are asked to perform tasks that combine more than one skill, such as: Read, listening, and then speaking in response to a question.
How is TOEFL scored?
The TOEFL iBT test is scored on a scale of 0 to 120 points. Every four sections (Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing) is scored separately. The number of points received for each section is converted to a scaled score of 0 to 30, for a combined total possible score of 120, as shown below:
The scores will be available online within 10 days approximately after your test date. TOEFL scores are valid for 2 years after the test date and there is no limit to the number of times you can take the test, but you cannot take it more than once in a 12-day period.
Why Overseas Desire Services?
As a trusted TOEFL training institute in Ahmedabad, Overseas Desire endeavors to prepare students with the skills and strategies needed to pass the examination with a higher band score. We offer:
- Weekly Daily Classes for each specific module.
- Intensive lessons by TOEFL experts and examiners.
- Practice computer-based full and sectional tests at our lab or library facility (no need to bring laptops).
- Focused exam-oriented tutorials highlight what to focus on and avoid during the TOEFL test.
- Regular weekly mock tests with expert feedback to help you boost confidence before your actual TOEFL test.
- Access to extra simulated test platforms for extra practice.
- Special Query Sessions every week for difficult modules.
We offer you the coaching on “Online” too, our qualified experts teach you online through the platform of your choice. We do not let any obstacle affect the preparations of our students.
What are the eligibility criteria for TOEFL?
According to the ETS, the conducting body of TOEFL, as it is an English language proficiency test, so, there will not be any specific eligibility criteria for giving the TOEFL exam. Anyone who wishes to work or study abroad can give this exam in order to prove his/her English language proficiency for getting admission to universities or organizations based in English-speaking countries. Apart from this, there is also no set age limit for giving the TOEFL exam, generally, those who have completed their high school or equivalent can give this exam.
What is the difference between the TOEFL iBT and TOEFL paper-delivered tests?
- The TOEFL iBT test is delivered via the Internet and is administered online at testing sites across the globe. It monitors the reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills of the candidates and is offered 50 times a year.
- The TOEFL PBT test was a paper-and-pencil test, which has been discontinued now used to analyze the reading, writing, grammar, and listening skills of the candidates. It was offered in areas where testing through the internet was not possible.
- The revised TOEFL paper-delivered Test, which replaced the TOEFL PBT test analyses the writing, reading, and listening skills of the candidates. Speaking skills cannot be measured because of the limitations of capturing spoken responses.
What is the fee refund policy for this exam?
Cancelling the registration before the 4-day advance deadline then only half of the test fee will be repaid. Refunds are paid only in US dollars and cash refunds are also not available.
What is a TOEFL iBT® Resource Center?
It is the center where one can visit in person and get complete information about the TOEFL test and registration. Some centers assist candidates in registering online and paying a fee with the candidate’s credit card. Apart from this, in some areas, candidates can purchase a TOEFL iBT Registration Voucher in the local currency. Moreover, a printed TOEFL® Test Prep Planner is provided to the aspirants for free if they register with the help of a TOEFL iBT Resource Center.
What are the late fee charges?
Registration for the TOEFL exam closes 7 days prior to the test date. The candidate has to pay a late fee of US $ 40 if they fail to register before this deadline. Late registration is closed 4 days prior to the test date.
Can I retake the TOEFL test? How many times can I give the TOEFL exam?
Yes, the aspirants can retake the TOEFL test as many times as they wish, however, one cannot take it more than once in a 12-day period. If the candidate has already registered for the exam, then he/she cannot register again for the test within 12 days of their existing appointment.
- In case the violation is identified after registration, the test appointment of the candidate will be canceled.
- If the violation is identified after the test, then the score of the candidate will be canceled and the test fee will also be not refunded.