Canada Parent Visa / Super Visa Canada
A Canada parent visa is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents who want to sponsor their parents or grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada. A parent visa for Canada must be applied for as follows:
- Make sure your parents, grandparents, and their dependents are financially supported
- Don’t rely on social assistance from the Canadian government for your parents and grandparents.
It is also possible to invite your parents and grandparent to join you on a Canada Super visa or a Visitor visa if you need them to join you right away.
Do you live in Ahmedabad or a nearby location and are looking for guidance on Canada Parent Visa? Our Expert Visa Consultants for Canada Parent Visa in Ahmedabad can be your best option at Overseas Desire.
Check whether you are eligible to sponsor a parent or grandparent.
Applicants who meet the following eligibility requirements can sponsor parents and grandparents.
- Citizenship or Permanent Resident status in Canada is required. It is mandatory for applicants to be 18 years of age or older.
- For one year, I lived in Canada.
- For your parents and grandparents to be taken care of, you must have enough funds.
- The applicant must guarantee that his or her parents and grandparents will receive financial support for a period of 20 years.
You may be in- eligible to sponsor your parents and grandparents if you are
- Defaulted on financial obligations
- The Canadian government provides social assistance for reasons other than a disability
- Whether convicted inside or outside of Canada of violent criminal offenses, offenses against relatives, or any sexual offenses
- Having difficulty paying an immigration loan or court-ordered family support such as alimony or child support
- Incapable of providing financial support
- If you are incarcerated, prisoned, or incarcerated, what do you do?
For your parents and grandparents to be eligible as applicants, they must meet the following criteria:
- A medically fit individual is required
- Character is essential
- Biomedical services are required
How much income do I need to have to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
If you wish to become an Eligible sponsor, you must be able to demonstrate that you are able to support your family members with sufficient income. Depending on how many family members you have, you need a different amount of income.
A low-income cutoff, also known as a minimum income requirement, can be found below.
Sponsors applying in 2022 must submit income tax returns for the three years prior to applying.
Please note – The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessments for the last three tax years must be included in your application to prove you meet the income requirements
How to apply for a Canadian Parents and Grandparents visa?
Follow these steps carefully when applying for a Canada Parent visa
Sponsoring your parents or grandparents begins with ensuring that both (the Sponsor as well as your parents and grandparents) meet the eligibility requirements. A family application must meet certain criteria in order to be assessed by CIC. Our experienced consultants can provide you with professional guidance if you’re unsure about the eligibility.
Submit interest to sponsor form:
You can submit an interest to sponsor form once you are sure you meet all the parameters. The following should be noted. A new interest to sponsor form will be available in 2022 for 30,000 new applicants to fill out. Be careful before submitting your sponsor form, as you cannot modify it after it has been submitted. Keeping your necessary supporting documents on hand in advance will help you avoid delays.
Get an invitation to apply (ITA):
Sponsorship applications are randomly selected and invited to be submitted by Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC). A letter inviting you to apply (ITA) will be sent to you through email, so keep an eye on your inbox and spam folder.
You don’t have to worry if you don’t get an invitation; Canada also offers a Super visa for grandparents and parents. There is a ten-year duration for Canada super visas. Using this visa, your grandparents and parents are allowed to stay in Canada for up to two years.
Apply for a Canada parent visa:
Your Canada Parent visa application must be submitted within 60 days of receiving the Invitation. It would be appreciated if you did not use outdated forms, old instructions, or outdated checklists. Your application may be delayed as well as rejected if you do this. In order to apply for a parent visa to Canada, you need to gather your documents (including your PCC and medical records) and pay the fee.
Please contact our experienced consultants if you need case-specific documents or professional guidance.
Canada Parent and Grandparent Visa Decision:
The processing of your Canada parent visa application will begin as soon as it is submitted. Sponsorships are verified by CIC, and the sponsor may also be interviewed. After CIC makes a positive decision, you will be notified in writing, which means that you can now start preparing for your trip to Canada. If your application contains inaccurate information, lacking documentation, or false claims, it will be rejected. A rejection of your application will result in your sponsor being banned from sponsoring any further applications for five years due to misrepresentation.
Please note: The fee for applying for a parent visa to Canada is not refundable.
Canada Parent and Grandparent visa fee
A Canada parent and grandparent visa application requires payment of the applicable Canada parent visa fee/charges. Below you can find the Canadian dollar and Indian rupee fees for the Canada parent visa.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, and UnionPay are all accepted for payments of the Canadian parent and grandparent visa fee.
Canada Parent and Grandparent visa processing time
Citizenship Immigration Canada reports how long it expects to take to process parent and grandparent visa applications and announces the decision on each application. Processing times for Canada parent and grandparent visas vary based on several factors, including
- Responses to ADRs in application mode are sent as quickly as possible when responders are in application mode.
- When it comes to verifying your documents and records with CIC, what is the process?
- Has the entire documentation been submitted?
It takes an average of 18-24 months from the date of application to process Canadian parent and grandparent visas.
Canada parent and grandparent visa important tips
After your Canadian parent’s or grandparent’s visa is approved, you must show the border services officer the following documents:
Documents you need to hold at the time of arrival:
- PR visa.
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- Valid passport
Boarder interview preparation:
An officer from the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) will perform the following tasks:
- The first thing they will do is greet you
- Your travel documents and visa should be shown.
- Make sure you and your family members have all of the necessary documentation when traveling.
- Your health will be inquired about next.
General possible questions
- Do you have a family with you when you travel?
- Can you tell me about a severe crime you were convicted of in your country?
- If you plan on staying in Canada for a long time, how long do you think it will take?
- What is the amount of money you have on hand?
- Do you have any previous experience traveling to Canada? You were required to leave, weren’t you?
You will be directed to customs areas by a CBSA officer after answering the above questions. A customs officer may ask you the following questions after seeing your list of goods.
- Can you tell me what you are bringing with you to Canada?
- Is there anything on your person that is living or growing?
- Are there any firearms, ammunition, or fireworks in your possession?
- What meat and dairy products do you have with you?
- What fresh fruits and vegetables do you have with you?
- Are there any endangered species items in your collection?
Please note – False answers should not be given. An individual who falsifies information is guilty of a serious crime. Canada may not allow you to enter if you make a false statement.
Special note: As a permanent resident, you will be able to enter Canada after signing a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) with the CBSA. Don’t panic, just smile and take the exit from the airport without panicking.
Ready to get started?
Please contact us today and we’ll be happy to assist you